Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lump. Lovely.

I wrote about my re-taking up running and loving the pain free exercise. However, I've noticed a little pain in my left breast as I run. I brushed it off and figured it was just a little soreness from running. But, after two weeks, it didn't go away. So, I did my own self exam and, sure enough, found a lump. Normally, I wouldn't be nervous, as this isn't the first time I've found one. My extra estrogen I carry around thanks to my endo causes fibrocystic lumps to come and go through my cycle. However, if you've been reading my blog lately, you know I am not really having any sort of cycle. Plus, the meds I am taking have completely cleared up my lumpy boobs... with the exception of this one lump. Unfortunately, it feels different also. Not good. I had my yearly gyno exam yesterday and mentioned it. After feeling it my doc was a little concerned, too. Great. So tomorrow I have an ultrasound and mammogram. I've had both before, so no big deal as far as the tests are concerned. I am just praying like mad that it's nothing major. Of course after having two days to think about it, my mind has played out the worst senarios over and over. I hope they can tell one way or the other tomorrow because this worrying is for the birds. That, on top of being sore from my appointment, reminding me that endo will never really be gone, has been my life for the past two days. So, I'm off for a run to help me feel better. I'll post after my appointment tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment