Monday, February 27, 2012

So excited, you'd think it were me that was preggo!

So, while NONE of my family or friends (minus a small amount of online friends and ONE person I know in real life) have access to this blog, I feel it is safe to post, nameless of course, about a very special person that I couldn't imagine being happier for! Actually, she's the only person I know in real life that I've told about this blog. And that was just the other day :) (I'm pretty private about my infertility feelings. What can I say?!)

After a yearS long struggle, she is pregnant! I cannot even explain how happy this makes me. More interesting and moving is the effect it had on me when she announced it. I completely understand the feelings that an infertile person has going through this journey. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. For me, what made it worse...she was one of my very best friends through elementary and middle school. We kept touch in high school and over the last few years, have reconnected through FB. When I learned of her struggle to conceive, it made me so incredibly sad. She is, seriously, one of the sweetest, kind-hearted people to walk this planet. I've never known her to say a bad word about another person. Of all people in the world, she should be a mom. She'll be the most amazing mom! So, when I read of her success after her yearS long struggle, I actually cried. Then, when I saw her beta, I cried again. I don't think I'd have been happier if it were me announcing it.

This happy crying over someone announcing a pregnancy is something new to me...not even an ounce of "woe is me". Which, I've done in the past. I am truly happy and my heart is smiling for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment