Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make these. When I did, I was usually over it by the middle of January. But, this year, I've decided to enjoy all of the small things that life throws my way that are usually over looked. It came to me when I was sitting on the couch recovering from surgery. As loved ones were texting and calling and bring over food and Fed Ex'ing gifts, I realized that my life is so full of love and I've been so obsessed with ttc that sometimes, I failed to realize it. I think we're all guilty of this on some level, but it's become my norm for the last few years. On New Year's Eve this year, our 10th wedding anniversary, I wasn't feeling up to the out of town plans we'd made. We cancelled and our night was even more amazing than I could have imagined. It was full of love and laughing with our family. Our in-laws and Ayden planned a surprise romantic dinner for two at their house. Ayden was our adorable server, and quite a good one I might add! We had steak, twice baked potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus, chocolate cake and very full bellies! Then, rather than heading home to lay around, (I took another pain pill!) and we hung out for the rest of the evening. We played games, the boys had Nerf fights, and we laughed until it hurt. It was amazing. Life is full of amazing things and amazing people. I only hope I can return the kindness that was shown to me over the last few months over my lifetime. So, infertile or not, life is good. This is my journey. It has had it's downs but definately has had more ups! So, when I read the following quote, I realized how true it is: "When God pushes you to the edge of difficulty trust Him fully because two things can happen. Either He'll catch you when you fall, or He will teach you how to fly." After He has had to catch me MANY times over the last nine years, I think I'm finally learning how to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment