Friday, January 11, 2013

Regular day. Normal week. ish.

This week was my first week back after my surgery. Monday was rough. Really rough. I mean, I went from laying around for two weeks, to teaching a bunch of middle school kids and pushing things around my classroom that are well above my 10 pound limit. By the end of Monday, I was wondering if I'd be able to make it the entire week. I was crampy and sore as all get out. Each day kept getting better. Today, I only needed one 800mg ibuprofen in the morning and I was fine the rest of the day. Really, it just goes to show that everyone heals so much differently. My nurse said that it was possible it may take me longer to heal because of my endo. Thanks again endo. You're a doll. So, just continuing the waiting game until next week. I am really tired of telling people the same story at work. I think I'll just wear a poster on my shirt that answers all of their questions because they're probably the same questions I've been answering all week. I know they are just concerned. But, I don't want to think about it. Honestly, there is an amazingly high chance that everything was cut out. But, every so often, the thought crosses my mind that it wasn't. Or that it's a higher stage than originally thought. Scary shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment