Sunday, December 16, 2012

A little poetry time

Many years have come and gone trying to bring you to me. Your angel face has an impression on my mind. Your precious newborn scent. Will you be petite like you me? Your eyes, as blue as the sky, a window into your mind. Telling me: Thank you for never giving up on me. For being a strong woman who doesn't quit a dream. Knowing that a mother's love is strong. It never quits her child. Even a child she has yet to meet. I am a fighter. I am strong. I am determined. I am your mother although you are not in my arms. I will not stop until you are here. Being loved by me. Being loved by your adoring father. Being loved by your patient brother. God has sent me a new challenge. I thought I was done with those. But, he knows my strength. He knows my soul. He knows that I will not quit. He knows I'll be okay. He knows that I'll trust in him to lead me on my way to you. I know it pains you lord to see your child hurting. I know your intent is not this. Some people face challenges and it changes who they are. I am more faithful in you. I have to be. I feel you carrying me now as my own strength is starting to fail. But, from you, I will find new strentgh. I will find a new will to fight. Deep inside. And I will carry on. Because you have created my soul to be a beautiful determined soul. I am a fighter. I have a ring that I wore during my fertility treatments with a bible verse from Jeremiah 29:11. My treatments happened to fail, but I continued to trust in the bible verse on my ring. I do trust in you Lord. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment