Thursday, July 19, 2012

WTF appointment

Basically, the gist of the appointment is: Endo is a little b----. Our RE said the three cycles were perfect on paper. Of course, the only reason we could all decide upon keepmg them from working was my endo. She's a dirty whore. After explaining to the do that I really did twang to do ivf, but was at the point where it was all we were left with, he said that if we take care of the endo and do some hormone suppression (not Lupron) our chances of ivf working are around 60%. after eightyears of this, I'm not crossing my fingers. If I were a betting lady, I bet on the 40% chance of it not working. Good attitude, huh? It's okay. I'll come around. We won't even start ivf until the Spring. I have time. Surgery for endo, which I am honestly thrilled for, is August 17th. Then, we'll do a hormone suppression for eight weeks, ie. no period or pain for a couple of months! Yay! That part excites me. A lot. No pain for two whole months. I won't even know what to do with myself! Maybe I'll actually start running again without having to stop a routine every couple of months because it is time for some pain. So, I have a few months to get over my lack of enthusiasm for ivf and enjoy my pain-free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment