Friday, August 31, 2012

2 weeks post op and future plans

I had my post op yesterday and, surprise, the pathology report said that I have endo...our re thinks it's best if I do a full 12 week hormone suppression rather than our original plan of 8 weeks because it was so nasty inside this time. I'll continue to suppress my periods after the 12 weeks and up until our ivf cycle. The meds are making me sweat like a crazy woman and are making me extremely moody! I went off on the McD's manager because it took them 20 minutes to get our food. But, it's flipping McDonalds and that was insane. But, the hubs claims he's noticed,too. He asked if he could let me know the next time I started freaking out so I could stop. For his safety, I didn't think that was such a great idea. Our plan is to do IVF in February/March and so we have until then to save every penny we can. I think it's pretty interesting how we always said we'd never head down this road, yet, here we are! The RE said that there is most likely endo inside of my tubes that is getting in the way of the tubes functioning, so IVF is our best bet. With couples in our same situation, our re is having 65-70% success. Finally, the odds are greater that it will work than that it won't! The best news yet, he thinks I still have many years to keep adding to our family. He has amazing success with women under 38 and I'm still under for a few years. He was very hopeful. My RE wanted me to meet the IVF nurse. It was a little scary because it made it that much more real. What a sweet soul she is though. She promised me that every person on the IVF team has the most respect for creating life and consider their work a blessing. She gave me her number and email address, and just like that, I became an IVF patient. I am so hopeful. It's hard for me to trust other people so fully, especially with something so private and difficult, but I'm slowly learning to do so. However, for the time being, I'm going to enjoy being pain free and not having to put up with a period until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment