Sunday, August 12, 2012

Finally back up and running!

I think I've finally figured out why I couldn't post. Stupid technology! Anyway, lots of busy summer days have passed, many family trips have been taken, and I'm closer to surgery...yikes! I a mildly freaking out about my surgery this Friday. Of course, I'm ready to not be in pain, but surgery brings in many different kinds of pains. Mostly, I'm a little worried that I won't be as healed as I'd like by Monday, my first day back at school. Yep, I'm freaking a little. The kids don't come until Tuesday and my RE said he thinks I should be good to return to work by Wednesday...um, sorry doc, that's not gonna work! So, I'll just grin and fake it. After that last period, I'm pretty sure I can handle anything. Ugh. I still haven't been able to forget that. It was horrible. Which is why I'm super thrilled to do hormone suppression for a few months after my surgery. No periods! Basically, I'm taking the pill and Femara for eight weeks and then just the pill until we're ready for IVF in the Spring. When my RE mentioned that he didn't want me to have any periods at all during that time, I couldn't agree to try it fast enough! Only endo suffers can understand when I say, I cannot believe that I'll have MONTHS without pain and I cannot wait! I've been on bcp to prevent AF before surgery and it has been wonderful! I did have a couple of days of cramps, but that's it. Pure heaven! I have actually found myself smiling more and feeling genuinely happy because Im not in some sort of pain all the time. I must say: I like myself this way much more. So, surgery is this Friday. I hope he's able to fix everything and leave nothing behind. Oh, I'm also having my bladder blown up to check for intercystial cystitis. Basically, my bladder has no lining. There's no cure, but there are treatments. Lucky me. I'm off to enjoy these Olympics and spend time with my amazing little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment