Friday, November 22, 2013

Lots of updates in a short time frame!

My naturopath appointment went well. I mean, my body has completely shut down from all of the meds, but at least I have a plan. Basically, she could tell that I ovulated, but my progesterone never rose after.

This is a little scary. My progesterone has always been really low, even during pregnancies. So, the fact that now it isn't even there? Scary. I'm hoping that my body can reset itself and start to create it's own hormones again. Really, it's been over a year since I've had a period of my own, so I shouldn't really be shocked. But, considering I'm usually very regular, this sucks.

So, the witch doctor has me on these herbs for two weeks, as well as a TON of other things because the IVF meds have completely shutdown every single hormonal function in my body. After a week on the new stuff, I'm starting to feel like myself again. Finally! Once I stop the progesterone herb, I should get my period within two weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Then, we discussed our lone frozen embryo. Our plan is to get my body back in check over the next three months and then transfer in the Spring. She said that if the embryo is of decent quality and my body is back in balance, it's our best shot. The hubs and I are very comfortable with that plan, so as of now, that's where we're headed.

As we wait for my  body to decide to function again, we are still looking at adoption. Really, we've never stopped. But, our caseworker is more determined than ever. She has been sending our homestudy out like a crazy lady. We are very interested in an older child adoption, as in, the older the better, but not older than Ayden, so that is in our favor. Not many adoptive families want the older children, which I don't understand, but I guess it isn't for everyone.

And...Now I'm 35. In fertility land, we all know what this means. Does it apply to everyone? Probably not, but the doctor doesn't really care. Although, C.CRM said that I'm "young", so I happen to love them :) But, according to charts and research, it's not a good thing. In my head, I cannot even fathom that we have really been trying this long. I NEVER thought that at 35 I'd still be trying to complete my family. NEVER. My plan was to be done, done, done and have my innards ripped out at 35 so I didn't have to deal with endo anymore. I liked that plan.

But, I the hubs doesn't want me ripping things out that we still need. I get it. But, if they don't bounce back from this madness, they're getting pitched at 38. That's all the longer I'll give them to work. I was on the treadmill the other day and I can tell that things are all stuck to each other again. I can't even tell you how badly I want to workout and not be in pain. For me, it's a quality of life issue.

We have enough meds to do another complete fresh cycle. Our naturopath doesn't want us to do another complete cycle. She said if we're working with her, we could very well have a higher quality and be left with LOTS of frozen embryos. I'm not sure why she thinks this is bad. Doesn't she realize that this is an infertiles dream? I'd rather have lots to work with than just one lonely guy (or girl). Plus, we want a big family. See blog title. So what if I'm old(ish)? I'm not sure that I'm against being pregnant in my 40's, nor do I think it's impossible. So, she'll just need to get over her idea. We.want.lots. That's the point of spending 10k, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment