Friday, November 8, 2013

Still waiting...

on AF that is. My longest cycle ever has been 36 days. But, that was just once. All of the rest are 28 days. Clockwork baby. And, then we did IVF. F'd things up. And, my hips still hurt from the PIO.

Is that even normal? While we were in Texas, I decided to use the workout facility at the hotel. I love working out, but only seem to make time to actually do it on vacation. Go figure. When I was running on the treadmill, my hips ached. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I did my last PIO over a month ago. When we started our FET, my hips still hurt from my fresh cycle. But, it's not where the injection went. The pain has "settled" more in my actual hips.

I asked the nurse about it during our FET and she said the muscle is all connected. I really have no idea, so I'll just go with it. I can't imagine that the pain lasting this long is normal, but I suppose it could be. Not much about me is "normal" anyway.

I didn't have to work today since it was conference week. So, I spent the day reading (errr, skimming) a book about adult ADHD. I went undiagnosed as a kid, not that my mom didn't mention the possibility repeatedly to the doctor and my teachers, but in the '80's, girls didn't really get diagnosed with it. So, I spent my entire life (up until the last couple of years) dealing with it myself. Not fun.

The meds I take can't be taken during pregnancy, so I spend time on them, off of them, on them, off of them, on them...you get the point. So, we (my doctor and I) are finding ways of dealing with the craziness when not medicated. It's not the ideal situation, but it's what I need to do. I hear ya. Lots of people are all, "Oh, ADHD meds. What a cop-out" or "ADHD is an excuse". Not the first time I'd have heard it and I usually say them to myself, until I was finally correctly diagnosed. No one knows how the meds actually work, but holy amazingness. It's like putting blinders on a horse. The change in quality of life is absolutely worth it. Get this, I'm not stupid. Flighty? Only when not on my meds. Otherwise, I have a brain and it's useful. Go figure.

The book has some great ideas, but they seem like a lot of work. (That's ADD for ya there!) So, when we go see the witch doctor later this week, I'll ask her for some ideas, too. Maybe she can do some wand waving action and cure me...kidding, but it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment