Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cervical Check!

They want it to be above 25mm and prefer a length of 35mm. Well, people: 52mm!!! What?! Not a typo! I seriously would hug my cervix if I could reach it! We won't have to go back for another check until 20 weeks. We also scheduled our a/s for August 7th! So, in one month, we'll know what we're having!

Our a/s is with a MFM because, again, I'm old. Plus they'll look at the baby's heart a little more. In IVF babies, it's important to have a closer look at the heart.

We also got our blood results back from the NT scan and it's only a 1 in 800 chance, so that's amazing news also.

We got a surprise u/s of the baby because they wanted to try and figure out where the bleeding was coming from. Well, baby A (the one we lost) is right next to my cervix. So, the blood is clearly coming from him/her. Most likely, when baby B moves, it is bumping into baby A, causing the bleeding. It was very obvious in the u/s, so that is such a relief.

As for our fighter of a baby, what a mover and a shaker! Flipping and flopping. Putting his/her hands in his/her mouth. Practicing breathing! The hubs said it looked like it was just like me and just talking and talking. Probably right. This baby is pretty stubborn, too. The tech kept trying to get it to flip so we could get a profile pic. The baby wasn't having any of it. This is definitely my kid, talkative, active, and stubborn. Oh my, we're in trouble!

I did talk to my OB about my anxiety and of course I cried. She said that in my situation, she would actually be more worried if I wasn't anxious because it would be me trying to hide my feelings. This wouldn't be good postpartum. She said, and I happen to feel she's right, that as we get closer to viability, it'll get better.

Overall, today was wonderful. I feel so much better knowing that my cervix is cooperating. Hopefully December gets here quickly because I'm ready to squeeze and kiss this little one to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment