Wednesday, July 2, 2014

15 weeks and bedrest

I made it to 15 weeks and it seems like a big milestone with all the drama that has come along with this pregnancy.

Yesterday, I was sent to the ER by the on-call doctor because the spotting had returned, after a two day absence, and I had cramps. Great.

After a few hours, an IV, and every test known to man, no one can figure it out. So, I was put on bedrest until it stops. Which it has already. The cramping was because my potassium was low. So they gave me 4 potassium pills and sent me on my way. We finally had dinner around 11pm. Yikes.

Today, I had to go in to my OB for a follow up. Her only theory is that the baby that we lost, who they are now saying is baby A, is close to my cervix. Because the other baby is so active, it keeps moving the other baby around and dislodging it's placenta/other weird things that could be dislodged. I can get onboard with this, seeing as how in the ultrasound yesterday at the ER, the baby's placenta was completely gone.

So, the OB put me on bedrest until my appointment next week. Next week will be a cervical measurement, regular 16 week appointment, and to check on the spotting. I'm still on progesterone, so hopefully that keeps the spotting at bay.

I guess I'll have time to catch up on Orange is the New Black...

No comments:

Post a Comment