Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas is coming!

This is, hands down, my favorite time of the year! I LOVE everything about it. This year, I was  thinking back to last year and my cancer scare. I was in such a dark and scary place that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I was terrified that I would lose my cervix and never be able to be pregnant again. Scary.

Granted, I may never actually use my cervix again at this point, but at least I got to keep it. Well, 1/2 of it anyway. Whatever. Point is, this year, I'm not sick to my stomach thinking the worst about my health and I'm enjoying eating all of the holiday shit. Last year, I was so sick to my stomach with worry that I couldn't eat. I lost a LOT of weight. Maybe 10 pounds in a month. I'm 5' tall, so it looked like a lot more. I won't say that I didn't actually enjoy that part...I could wear clothes in a size I hadn't seen since college.

Well, I'm happy to announce that all 10 pounds are back. Great. While I'm not fat, I feel fluffy. Out of shape. Gross. So, I started exercising. I have to be careful though because, according to my naturopath, my adrenal system is shot from stress. Imagine that. So, I can't do anything more than walking and yoga. Fine with me. I love yoga and walking doesn't hurt the way running does. I'd rather run, but I also like my cartilage. I'll give it up while my body heals itself. Fine.

Let me brag for a minute: Today, while doing yoga, I did the crow pose. That's the real shit there. My family saw it, so it really did happen. Here's what it looks like:


 Now, it was literally for one second. Maybe two. Not the point. I did it. The hubs was impressed, as was Ayden. That's right. This old lady still has it. So, while I wait on my body to cooperate, I will continue to twist myself into weird poses and brag that I can do them. Hey, if I can't make babies, at least I have something to look forward to, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment