Saturday, December 21, 2013

Shopping three days before Christmas. Not for the timid.

I have been working on being kinder, overall. Sometimes, this applies to the people I come in contact with, but mostly, while I'm in my car. Seriously. I have huge issues in my car.

So, when I was driving to the mall with Ayden today, I told him that my New Year's resolution (which I think is a crock because I always break them, hence why I'm starting early) is to be kinder to people. He asked, "Including while you're driving?" Yeah. It's that bad. Even my 10 year old sees it.

I mean, if people would learn how to drive, because I'm sure it's them, not me, we wouldn't have this issue. On the way to the mall, I did okay. Only a few outbursts. Then, we spent four hours shopping all over hell's half acres. The ride home wasn't as successful. Ayden scolded me. So, I threw in a few "Merry Christmas to you" after I hollered at the idiots driving. To which I was so kindly reminded that not everyone celebrates Christmas and I was informed that I was failing miserable at my kindness resolution.

This is why I start early. I need some time to get into it. The idiots around me also could use a few driving lessons. Seriously. And, they're usually from Michigan. Idiots.

I'll just try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I need yoga. Or a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment