Monday, December 16, 2013

Making Memories

Today, Ayden had his Christmas concert at school.


There in the front row, wearing the blue, button-up shirt, recorder around his neck, is my little guy! See the look on his face? You can almost hear his thoughts, right? I'm sure he threw a few "watermelons" in there. He was LESS than thrilled. Clearly. And the recorders? Well, those are a 4th grade right-of-passage. Every year, the 4th grade gets to play their recorders. The audience simply loves this part. It's a similar to fingernails on a chalkboard. Only, when it's your kid, you find yourself saying, "Geez, that's pretty good."

After his concert, we decided to make homemade chex mix and watch a Christmas movie. The movie was really stupid, but it didn't matter.

There we were, making memories. Amazing Christmas family memories. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from Christmastime with my family. I hope that Ayden can someday look back and remember all of this the same way I am experiencing it now.

After the dumb movie, we played Yatzee. I got my butt handed to me, but whatever. Still fun. All in all, today was one of those days where I was very thankful for everything in my life. I adore days like this.

I wonder if my newest outlook has to do with my recent yoga-ing practice. Today, I killed a backbend like a teenager. That's right. Here in my living room. Backbend. Bam. I would get into how I conked my head on the floor trying to get out of it, but that isn't really the point. Point is, I am gaining some kind of peace with yoga, as well as a concussion, but it is carrying over into all parts of my life. This is after only a little over a week of taking it back up. Not bad. Go hippie yoga!

And, on a side note: If you love chex mix, I HIGHLY recommend making it at home rather than buying it. So.much.better. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment