Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Here we go, again!

I'm not sure what I have posted here about our most recent adoption situation...but, we are now, as of today, one of four families being considered for a 9 year old boy. There were about 100 homestudies to start with, so being one of four? Not bad! The final placement meeting is in January, which is just right around the corner.

Before the meeting, his worker wants to have a 1-2 hour phone conference with us so we can ask questions about the boy and she can get to know us a little better. I'm not sure how you can get to know someone in 1-2 hours, but we'll try to give her a good idea of who we are and what our family is like.

It's funny because I told the hubs that if we weren't selected for this placement, we'd move onto infant adoption, after putting back our one lonely embryo, of course. I was sure that out of the gazillion homestudies, we wouldn't be selected. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just trying not to get my hopes up again. Don't get me wrong, we want this boy. But, admitting that, then being told 'no'? Well, that would suck. I've already placed him in our home and, well, he just fits. We'll just have to wait and see what his worker thinks.

If you don't mind, send up a few prayers for us and the little boy. I really want him to go to the best placement. But, I so hope he gets to be a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment