Wednesday, June 18, 2014

13 weeks

We met our new OB yesterday. She is great, as is the staff.

The appointment was three hours long. In those three hours, I peed five times and was starving. Between pee sessions, someone took a huge crap in the restroom. So, that was fun to smell for the rest of my trips to the restroom.

I had to have a pap and full exam, yay. My cervix is apparently clear up in my lungs because she had a horrible time finding it. Ouch. My lovely tilted uterus is apparently, "severly tilted" and is pushing on my pooper and bladder at the same time. No wonder I'm miserable. She said that by my next appointment is should have fixed itself. Here's hoping because these poop and pee issues are a bit much.

Because of my cone biopsy, I will start having cervical checks at my 16 week appointment. Fingers crossed that it holds up and I don't have to worry about yet another thing. I'm already having a really difficult time attaching to this pregnancy for fear that it'll be taken away.

I think we've decided to find out the sex of our baby. We were originally team green, but the hubs and I are both having some issues after our loss. We're hoping that finding out what we're having will help us connect a little more with the surviving twin.

The OB asked how I was dealing with losing a baby. Fighting back tears, I told her that I would just deal with that after the delivery and I just was concerned with making it to term with this baby. She reassured us that this baby is checking out perfectly and in cases like this, the surviving twin almost always is delivered perfectly healthy. It's that "almost" word that I'm hung up on. She did admit that we lost the baby a little late for it to be considered a vanishing twin, especially with seeing a good heartbeat a couple of times. Most likely, this baby had some chromosomal concerns. Again, I'll deal with the loss after delivery.

Now for the fun stuff! During our ultrasound, we got some amazing pictures! This baby is very active and was turning over and waving and kicking his/her legs for the entire scan. It was so amazing. We did the NT scan and blood work yesterday, too. Our baby's measurement was 1.4 and they worry if it's between 2-3, so nothing to worry about there. We just need to wait for the blood work to come back and confirm.

Here is our baby:


And here he/she is waving:


Cute, right? You can see the twin in the top sac. He/she is still measuring at a little over 9 weeks. Most likely, it won't vanish because it's too big. Our OB said that it will probably get smashed into the placenta as the other baby grows. You can imagine my feelings when she was explaining this to us. She said that she will be able to see it, but we told her that we definitely didn't want to know about it. We'll just try to celebrate our miracle that fought his/her way through my crazy insides. It is pretty crazy how much growth happens between 9 and 13 weeks though! No wonder I'm starving all the time! Keep up the growing little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment