Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ayden is 11!

My sweet boy is 11 today. Where has time gone? It truly seems like yesterday when I was in the hospital, having you.

Today, you are a strong, brilliant, kind, and loving boy who is growing up way too fast. I have loved watching every single second of you growing up.

I remember the dinosaur phase. You knew every.single.dinosaur by name. You would also act them out and have a different noise for all of them.

Then, there was the Thomas phase. Those darn trains went with us everywhere. You knew them all by name and could play trains for hours.

All of the vacations we've been on and trips we've taken where you got all of our attention? Wow. What a lucky boy you are and what lucky parents we have been to be able to give you so many life experiences.

Today, you are such an athlete and an academic. I am so proud that you have maintained all A's for your entire schooling career, something I NEVER could do! Of course, you're the kid that doesn't have to try very hard for those grades. I wouldn't have liked you in school because of this! Can you say jealous?

You play sports with your whole heart. Whether it's football, basketball, or baseball, you are a great teammate and treat the members of your team with respect. You also work hard to be a good teammate yourself.

As I watch time tick by, I realize that you will be in our home for fewer and fewer years. High school and college will come quickly, but you will be ready. Will I? Probably not. My entire life, I wanted children. Lots and lots of children. However, for many years, God taught me that simplicity is enough. You have been my entire life. You, my sweet son, made me feel whole on days where I didn't know why I had to deal with infertility. You have always been there. We've been told many times that you shouldn't be here. You are a true miracle. I am so blessed to have you.

As I watch you get ready to become a big brother, I pray that you always know how special you are to me. While I feel so guilty that it took us so long to make you a brother, I am one of the few mothers that can say that she was able to give her entire self to her child for 11 whole years.

I am the lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment