Thursday, February 6, 2014

God's Grace


Where to start? My most amazing DH is now jobless. It was unexpected. There is a lot to the story, but I can't get into it. You can see where this is going, right? Now that our income has been cut in half, how do we do IVF? We're not sure. Not even a little sure. DH is ready to still do it. I can't fathom the thought of going through it before he has another job.

I'm pissed. If I could even get into the whole story, you'd be pissed, too. This is America at work. The hubs fought for this country and is being treated VERY unfairly at work. Yes, we have an attorney. We've had him on retainer for a couple of years. The hubs has a strong discrimination case. It's a case of retaliation. But, it would take three to five years to get it through the court system. It would cost a lot of money. We aren't willing to spend the next three to five years going through the courts. We have other things that we would rather spend that money on. That isn't how we envisioned our lives. It's so unfair.

I'm not sure how this will all play out. I have no idea how we will ever do IVF again with DH not working. The only way it could possibly happen is with God's grace. If there was ever a bigger sign that we weren't in charge of things, I'd hate to have it happen to me.

Now, while I'm not able to sleep (even with Tyle.nol PM) or eat, the hubs is more relaxed than he has been in years. Clearly, because we have an attorney, we've known that they've been after him for years. So, now that it has happened, he can finally move on. I'm excited for him for what he can do now, but maybe it's selfish, I'm sad that our fertility treatments will have to be put on hold. I just have to have faith that in time, this will all work itself out and be for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment