Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One week to go and hormones

Lupron starts next Tuesday! I also moved my appointment to next Tuesday instead of Monday. We're supposed to get another huge snow storm Sunday night and I'm not really up to driving two hours in a foot of snow. Just not my thing.

Today's drive into work proves this. I was in the ditch on the freeway a few times. Great way to start the day. Luckily, my coworkers are amazing and covered for me until I could slide in. I hate driving in the snow. Hate it. This winter can suck it!

This bcp has me a little weepy and bitchy. Not a little bitchy though. I'm a lot of that. Yesterday I yelled at the hubs because he didn't like what I was thinking of making for dinner. As it was happening, in my head, I was fully aware of how crazy I sounded. Didn't matter. The words just kept coming out. The hubs just looked at me like my head was spinning and pea soup was flying out of my pie hole. He said nothing. Smart man.

I'm sure once Lupron is added it's only going downhill. This bcp has me growing hair in places that shouldn't have hair, I'm a sweaty mess, and libido...what's that? BCP is turning me into a middle aged man. It's beyond gross. Lupron may just complete the transformation. I can hardly wait. I'm also looking forward to the headaches and night sweats. Although, to say "sweat" is not a really accurate explanation. It more like every fluid in your body attacks your sheets through you skin and you wake up shivering drenched like you just jumped in a pool, sheets soaking wet, clothes sopping. It really is a sexy time to be a woman.

And, to be funny, I think I'm going to make a day-by-day photo album of my belly bloat during stims. It really is something that should be documented. Last Summer during IVF #1, I was off work so I just lived in sweats and elastic pants. This time? I'm not exactly sure how this will work. At all. Leggings and long sweaters that are forgiving might be my March wardrobe. Hopefully I can wear the crazy ass rain boots that my dad got me for Christmas and they'll distract everyone from my gut bloat. I happen to love them. A lot. I'm not sure if my small town is quite ready for them. If you could see my face, you'd see my "I don't care, get over it" face.

Hopefully, this week goes quickly and I can start jabbing myself again. I'm strangely excited to start shots. Hopefully, this is the last week of no bloat and it's the start of a 10 month journey into giant baby bloat! Not that I want a giant baby. Just a giant gut with a baby (smallish) inside. Just to be clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment