Friday, May 2, 2014

6 weeks 2 days

So far, still good. No bleeding, which is amazing to me since that's never happened in a pregnancy before. Even with Ayden. My progesterone is still really high, so that's helping I'm sure.

I feel good most of the time, but some nausea is coming in waves and I happen to not mind it. Sleeping is no good, but I don't mind that either.

I think after Monday, I might believe this all a little more. I actually have a good feeling about things this time, but I just need the reassurance from the ultrasound.

After the ultrasound on Monday, I have to get some new bras to contain these boobs. This is insane. First, ouch. I need sports bras to wear at night. Second, they are falling out of the cups because of my free boob job. Thank you baby! Every so often, I grab them, not to see if they hurt, but to feel the youth that's been brought back to the ladies. Not bad.

I also need to get some kind of stretch mark something or other. I don't really know if it works, but I used it with Ayden and barely got any. Granted, that was a decade ago and my skin was younger and not old lady like. I'm so bloated that I'm afraid that I'll get stretch marks from my bloat. It's that bad. By the end of the day, it's out of control.

We're trying to decide when to tell Ayden. I wouldn't mind telling him after a couple of good ultrasounds, but I wonder if waiting until the end of the first trimester is a better idea. The end of the first tri is the day before his birthday, so that would be a fun surprise if I can keep my trap shut that long!

We wanted to come up with a fun way to tell him, but he's almost 11. The cute stuff won't impress him. We saw somewhere that you can get ready to take a picture and rather than saying "Say Cheese" you say "I'm going to be a big brother" and catch their reaction. It might be cute to see his reaction. However, if we do this, I'd almost rather record it to get his entire reaction. Hopefully, it's better than his reaction when we surprised him with a trip to Disney. He was very unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment