Saturday, May 24, 2014

9w3d and anxious over everything

Now that we've gotten this far, I'm an anxious mess. I feel like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I enjoy seeing my belly grow, but I'm too scared to get excited because I'm so scared that something will go wrong. The hubs doesn't understand and I don't expect him to. It's a really weird place to be.

Our RE told us to schedule our first OB appointment for two weeks after our last appointment with him. So I went ahead and did that. It's not until 13 weeks. I'm afraid that by waiting that long, I'm missing our chance for an NT scan. I hope not. I think I'll call and talk to a nurse this week and ask her about it.

I'm also beyond scared about my cervix holding up because of that cone biopsy I had done. I think that's what scares me the most. I hope my OB is up for extra scans because that's what I'll need to get through this with some of my sanity in tact.

On a positive note, I've pretty much officially grown out of my regular clothes. I had to go and get more maternity clothes. I had NO idea I'd be in them this early! It's pretty funny to see my belly grow and grow. It's hard and there's no sucking it in, so it's not bloat! I can feel my uterus about 2ish inches below my belly button. So cool!

As for symptoms, I'm so, so, so tired all.the.time. Luckily, I only have 5 days left to teach before Summer break and that's what keeps me going at this point! I just want to sleep all day. I'm hoping that the 2nd tri brings some energy for a few weeks. I'm also still nauseous, but it's still off and on, thank goodness because when it's here, wow!

Sorry this is kind of a downer post, but I guess this is the reality of pregnancy after infertility. From what I read, it seems pretty normal. It's too bad that infertility can ruin such a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment