Sunday, May 25, 2014

Heartbeats and swishing and who knows what else

One of my good friends let us borrow her heart Doppler. I told myself that I'd wait until I was closer to 11ish weeks before I decided to try it. But, as soon as she walked out the door, I had that thing crammed against my belly.

First, ew. My body makes some really odd noises. Second, yay! We found both heartbeats and it only took about 20 minutes or so. Baby B's heartbeat was in the 150's and Baby A's was in the 160's. Baby B is already above my pubic bone, which makes sense because so is my uterus. Baby A is just right above it, but barely. So amazing! We only got to hear baby A's for a minute before he/she was outta there. Of course that made me laugh, which sounds awful on the Doppler.

This thing might be addicting. If they weren't such squirmy butts, I'd try again right now, but they weren't feeling it anymore today. It was such a great relief to hear them just beating away in there. Now, to know that I can be nosey and listen in on them whenever I feel like it? What a great feeling.

Let's all sit and think for a minute at how close I am to the second trimester...

Holy fastness. How did that happen? I'll be 10 weeks on Wednesday! Double digits. Let's also take a minute and pray that we don't jinx how wonderful this pregnancy has gone. Nausea is tolerable, boobs are amazing, no bleeding. I couldn't have asked for a more blessed start to a pregnancy, let alone a twin pregnancy. I have to remind myself that I am taking prednisone, which masks some symptoms, like nausea, so I'm thanking my lucky stars for that.

As of yesterday morning, I've gained 5 pounds. Those 5 pounds were a lot of work. Usually, if I look at food, I gain weight. But, my metabolism must be in over drive because it was hard work to gain even a pound. Only 19 more pounds to go before I'm 24 weeks. Hopefully, food starts to sound more appetizing and it will be a little easier to eat whatever doesn't make my stomach turn, which is different everyday. So, there's no telling what might be appetizing from one day to the next.

Ayden is already talking to the babies. It's so sweet. He says "hi" to them every morning and good night every evening. Of course, they're cute right now when they're not screaming their heads off. We'll see how he acts once they've been here for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment