Saturday, May 17, 2014

8w3d, new clothes. I'm a fraud?

Today is our loss milestone. I've only cried once. It's only 9:30am, so give it time. There might be more.

Last night I finally broke down after work and bought maternity pants. I was down to only a couple of pairs and that was pushing it. As I was trying on clothes, I felt like a fraud. Like I was lying. Even though, when I looked in the mirror, I was indeed NOT a fraud. It was surreal that I actually needed maternity clothes for myself.

Of course, I had to be on the lookout for people that I knew since no one knows. I'd imagine that in a singleton pregnancy, this wouldn't have been an issue as regular clothes could probably be worn with a band still. We are still early and I don't want anyone else finding out. I live in a small town where everyone has big mouths! I haven't even told my good friend. She'll be extremely excited, but she has a problem keeping things quiet that she is excited about.

After our u/s on Monday, we'll tell Ayden and then she can know. At this rate of growth, it's getting hard to hide. I've already had to deny it twice to people at work. Yikes!

First off, who just asks someone if they are pregnant? What if I just ate a lot? Then, you'd make me feel horrible about myself. Thanks a lot. Second, if I am, you'll know when it's your turn. Don't ask. I forgot that all etiquette and manners go out the window when dealing with pregnant women and babies. I do kinda dread that part.

When I was pregnant with Ayden, my stomach was attacked by a little old lady's hand on an elevator. I couldn't even get away. It was horrible. I'm not a touchy-feely person, so I am really uncomfortable with people just touching me. I think if it happens this time, I'll just touch them back. If they comment on my size? I'll comment on theirs. Sounds fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment