Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10 weeks and lemonade

I am addicted to lemonade as of late. Lemonade with tons of ice. Yum.

Oh, and I switched OB's. I haven't even seen my original OB yet, but their idea of monitoring left a LOT to be desired. With a twin pregnancy, advanced maternal age (go old ladies), and a past cervical surgery, they were okay with waiting until something went wrong. I tried to change the nurses mind. She said they don't monitor twin pregnancies any differently than singleton ones. Uh. Not sure that's normal. No ultrasound until 22 weeks. Seriously?

When I called the new OB who had been recommended to me, it was the complete opposite and it set my mind at ease. I was really happy to hear that at my first appointment, there would be an ultrasound, the appointment would be 2-3 hours long, and my cervix would be monitored/scanned every two weeks until we make it past a safe point, somewhere in the 25 week range. Then, I'll have a weekly non-stress test after 28 weeks. Now, that's care that I can buy into. It took too much time and money to get these babies and I need all the help I can get to bring them into the world safely. Plus, the new OB's office delivers at the hospital where I wanted to deliver. The NICU is better, as is the quality of care. My first appointment with them is June 17th, two weeks after our last appointment with our RE.

Here I am, at 10 weeks with our babies:


I seriously cracked up when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning. The bloat is gone. Below my belly button is hard and just keeps growing. It's hysterical! I am short, 5'2", but my abdomen is pretty short for a short person. Make sense? The babies have no where to go but out. By the end, we'll have to take two pics to fit my belly in!

Edited to Add: Clearly, I'm feeling tall here. I posted a couple days ago that I was 5'1"...today, I'm feeling an inch taller. In reality, I'm 5'1 3/4". Sometimes I round up, sometimes I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment