Thursday, May 23, 2013

Are those my meds already?! Oh, no.

It was a huge box with the party stuff for Ayden's birthday! My "baby" is going to be 10 in just a couple of weeks...how in the world did that happen? The last 10 years have flown by and have also brought me the greatest amount of joy. Being a mom is simply amazing. I thank God everyday that I was blessed with one healthy son.

Often, I find myself thinking about the age difference that will be between Ayden and the soon-to-be conceived IVF baby(ies). He will be close to 11. I have no doubt that they will be the best of friends, but I am interested to see how it all plays out. When they're adults, the age won't matter. I hope. But, they will basically grow up in two different ways. Ayden had us when we were young and full of energy. We were also pretty immature and had NO clue what we were doing as parents at such a young age! Now, we're, fertility-wise speaking, old as crap. However, we also are fully aware of how fast time goes. Before we even know it, the new addition(s) will be 10. It will go so fast. I know now to cherish every single moment because before we know it, time takes a baby and makes him/her a loud mouthed, know-it-all big kid! We wonder how the heck our cute little baby with those big blue eyes can possibly be as tall as us and capable of holding a conversation, and, have an opinion that often makes more sense than you'd expect. Like, "Mom, the school not letting us run on the mulch is ridiculous. Isn't it more dangerous to run on the concrete? Duh!" Yep. Even my 9 year old can figure that out school.

While this is all so very exciting, it's also full of unknowns. I'm not good at those. I know that we can be out of the house, if needed, in 30 minutes or less. Hopefully, that's soon to be a thing of the past. I just pray that in the moments of frustration that comes with little babies, I always remember the 10 years I dealt with infertility and prayed my heart off to finally have a fertility treatment work. I pray that when I complain, my next thought is always, "I'm so, so very lucky."

No comments:

Post a Comment