Sunday, May 12, 2013

Two post day: IVF related post

I have been searching the web for stories and blogs of women who are going through or have gone through IVF and trying to prepare myself, although, I'm not sure I can be 100% prepared for the month + that lies ahead. I am, however, making some changes, healthy crap even.

First, and God help everyone around me: I'm giving up caffeine this week. Ok. To be honest, I said that this past Friday was my last day. Then, it was Saturday. Then, today is Mother's Day, and I felt the need for a treat. So, I had a pop. Tomorrow, I promise. No caffeine. I am already dreading the headaches. But, I'm doing it cold turkey.

Second, I'm going to drown myself in fruits and veggies. Luckily, I like them. But, they need to replace some crappy snack habits I've formed lately.

Third, I'm going to eat less carbs and more protein. Note, I didn't say NO carbs. Just less. I read a study recently that showed higher pregnancy rates during IVF in cycles where the woman ate fewer carbs and more protein. So, I'll be skipping the bread basket.

I'm doing a lot of this to help ward of the fertility med weight gain I tend to get with these meds. It's usually pretty drastic. I'm hoping this helps keep the bloat down a tad. If not, whatever, but it's worth a shot. I'm finally at my ideal weight and that has been my goal before getting pregnant, so I'd like to actually stay there at this point!

So, tomorrow, if you see me, I'd stay away. I'll be a sugar-craving, caffeine-headached mad woman ready to go to blows! I have a feeling this next week isn't gonna be pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment