Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No more or less confident than before

Our interview was yesterday and after having 24 hours to think about it, I think it went well. Our worker came with the CASA worker and we just sat around the table and laughed. The CASA worker asked us about our parenting style and why we wanted to adopt and that was about it. I think she just wanted to make sure we weren't complete nut jobs. There are three families that are being considered, including us, and we were the first interview. Hopefully, we left a lot to live up to!

Even though the interview went well, the lady was hard to read. She was so nice and easy to talk to, but she wasn't letting anything slip. Yes, we tried. Our worker bragged about how much she loved us, but in the end, she isn't the one making the decision. So, we won't have any idea about how things went until the end of October. Heaven help us keep it together until then.

This time next week, I'll be back at work, so I'll have something to keep me busy. Hopefully, that helps time pass faster. Between then and now, I'll be having a root canal. Nice. At my appointment yesterday, it was pretty obvious this is where I was headed. I can hardly wait. I hate the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment