Friday, August 30, 2013

Blessed.

Sometimes, I need to pause. Just pause and express how blessed I am. I'm so very blessed. My husband and I have stable jobs. We've had the same jobs since we graduated from college. I have my dream job teaching in an urban school. I get to live my dream every.single.day. Working with teenagers is hard work. It's made me a little goofier over the last 13 years, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

My biggest blessings are my husband and my son. They are so amazing. Let's face it. At times, I'm flat out nuts. Fertility meds make me rather insane. They both still love me. Thank goodness. I'm not sure how I could get through my days without them.

In a strange way, I'm blessed to have endo. I mean, if I could get rid of it or choose to live without it, I certainly would. However, I can tell you that it makes me more compassionate to others who are in pain. The little girl who, for two years, once a month, would curl up on the floor behind my desk at work, writhing in pain. Yeah. I got it. I talked to her mom. She didn't get it. But, I did. Because of me, that little girl knows YEARS earlier than I did that the amount of pain she is going through isn't normal and eventually, her mom took her to the doctor. Yeah. That was worth my pain because I hopefully saved her from years of pain and hopefully saved her fertility. That made me feel blessed.

Sometimes, it's the little things. Like, having food in my kitchen. I know, first hand, many children who go entire weekends without eating. Can you imagine? Me either. There is also that weekly gas tank fill up. Expensive. I have students who are late to school because their parent can't afford gas that week. That's the real world people. These things are happening right under our noses. In America.

I am so lucky to be blessed. I'm not more deserving. I don't have better luck. I'm not sure why I have been blessed. But, because I am, I just needed to show my gratitude for all of my blessings. Sure. I am having a terribly difficult time getting pregnant again. But, with all that I do have, I can hardly feel like life is unfair. My time is coming. Our baby is coming. But, in the meantime, I need to be more thankful for what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment