Wednesday, June 27, 2012

He doesn't even care...go figure!

As I laid in bed last night, I realized that it was time to embrace my beautiful family of three. Rolling my eyes at the triplets proved to me that I needed to get over it. So, since I couldn't sleep, I hopped on my iPad and researched only-child families. It seems so odd to say, but at 33 years old, I really had no idea how many onlies were in the world. Better yet, they aren't even all spoiled brats, as stereotypes would claim them all to be. I kinda laugh when I realize that I, myself, bought into that because, like it or not, I have an only and he is the farthest thing from a brat. Spoiled, yes. But, I believe that I'd spoil all of my babies if I had more, so that isn't tied to his only status in anyway. Ayden is everything I ever wanted, and more, in a child. He is kind, loving, affectionate, well-adjusted, talented in baseball and karate, and far more intelligent than any kid I know. Just to brag a minute, he knows all of the states on the map, as well as the continents and countries on all 7 continents. That is thanks to an app he plays, not to his parents, mind you! Plus, he is fun to be around. Together, we make a mighty fine team, the three of us! One reason I wanted another child was to give Ayden someone to grow up with. He has no cousins either and I worry about that. Plus, I miss the baby phase. Chad missed a lot being in Iraq. But, having a baby would not fix any of this. Ayden still spent most of his life as an only and he's no worse for the wear. Actually, I think he likes it. Go figure. I know this because I flat out asked him. He feels lucky. Do you hear that people? That's my heart singing. While my life isn't what I imagined, it is what God intended. I have to be okay with that. I have to trust that He has greater plans for me than I could ever envision for myself. And looking back at being a family of three all of these years, it really has been a great life so far. See that infertility, I told you I'd win. You didn't steal my heart and you can't steal my family. In true Mandy competitive fashion, I WIN! I can officially say that, for today, my heart is happy with what I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment