Thursday, June 7, 2012

So...about the last post...

Okay. I'll admit. I was a disaster in the mood department this morning. What can I say? I was running on very little sleep, it was 5:30am, and I was already freaking out about my iui being a day later than I thought it should be...which really means I have an issue with trusting others. That's an issue for a completely different day. I also vowed NOT to tell the hubs about my newest reason for anxiety, although it was a pretty big deal considering an egg is mandatory in baby making.

Well, not telling the hubs lasted about an hour and 10 minutes after my last post. He was getting ready at a pace slower than a three legged turtle, so I went upstairs and flipped out. I can't recall most of what I said since it was in a state of panic and hormone induced rage, but it went something like this:er,

Me: Are you kidding? We need to leave in 5 minutes! What are you doing????

Him: (Blank stare like I had 14 heads)

Me: Hello??? Are you planning on coming with me or do you want me to pick up donor sperm on the way?

Him: (Blank stare like I had 14 heads)

Me: Maybe I'll pick up some eggs on my way also since I ovulated yesterday and my eggs are probably now dead! (Storm off)

Him: What? Get back here.

Which I didn't do. Instead, I went downstairs and did my hair like none of the above actually happened. Poor guy. When he finally realized I wasn't going to rip his head off and eat it, he came downstairs and I explained that I was afraid that all the pain from yesterday was me ovulating, and since I was in no pain today, I positive that we'd missed it. To which he said simply, "It will still work. It's fine." Huh?

And, that's all I needed to hear. Nerves calmed down and off we went to get knocked up with my crazy lady dead eggs and his fantastic swimmers.

Then, I was proven to be a crazy mess at the RE's office. I asked our nurse about all this cramping and was freaking out about missing O and the crappy timing of the iui. (She is the nicest lady. Great sense of humor, but knows when to be serious and calm a hormonal woman the flip down.) She said that my cramping was a GREAT sign. Huh? Yep, that's right. The cramping happens the day before O, especially with the meds I was on. Later, I was having these "pinging/twingy" feelings. Those, I was told, are the egg being released. WTF? No wonder we haven't gotten knocked up. Sweet heavens.

So, not only was this iui on a later cycle day than the others, the timing actually ended up being better, as well. Back to that trust issue...I should probably start to work on that.

Then, I asked for some progesterone support and they doubled what I usually take, so that's another thing I don't have to worry about.

So, apparently, I'm now off to make a baby. Legs, fingers, toes, and whatever else can be crossed are crossed. And, we're on strict orders to get more swimmers up there all weekend...can you say hello yeast infection? Totally kidding...I hope!

Hello 2ww! Beta is on June 25th...

No comments:

Post a Comment