Monday, January 6, 2014

Burrrr and other things

It's -15 outside. For you non-cold state folks, that's insanely cold. However, I'm not sure why they continue to count after it gets below zero. They should just say that it's flipping cold, so stay inside. With the wind, our wind chill is -40. No. That's not a typo. I'm kinda in the arctic tundra. Ok. Not really. Just Northwest Ohio. But, it's similar to the arctic tundra as far as I'm concerned. Due to the temps and the fact that we got 10 inches of snow in one day, school was canceled today and is also canceled tomorrow. Great.

I was actually looking forward to being at work and having my mind distracted all day so I don't think about THE MEETING. Crap. Now, time will go by so slowly. So SLOWLY. The boy's worker said the meeting will probably take a few hours. I mean, I'm glad they're taking their time, but my poor mind and anxiety. The hubs doesn't want to talk about it. He said not talking about it was easier until we hear. Must be nice to just put it in the back of your mind and revisit it whenever you are ready. Not happening here.

Ayden, on the other hand, told me that he wants a 9 year old brother. Well, okay. A little scary considering that is the age of the boy. Honestly, I am fully aware that this is all in God's hand's right now. That gives me somewhat of a peace. Don't get me wrong. I'm still a mental case about the whole thing. I just know there isn't one single thing I can do that will make things workout one way or another. Would driving there to sit outside of the meeting room be weird? How about sending the worker a long list of why she should pick us? Sending a fruit basket? No? I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider some of these things. I wouldn't really do them. At least, I don't think I would. Just say an extra prayer(s) for us if you don't mind.

Don't get whiplash, changing subjects: On a purely greedy note, we have used all five of our weather calamity days. This means, in February, when the weather gets bad, as it tends to do in February, we'll go over our days. More school in June when the kids are so completely done? Sure, why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment