Thursday, January 2, 2014

The interview. Take two.

I tried to hold back the hope. I really, really, really tried. I failed. We had an interview/phone conference/discussion with a social worker to make sure we aren't nuts-o this week. I feel like it went really well. Like, really well.

It lasted two and a half hours. Wow. Time flew. Between the child's worker and me, the hubs got in maybe two words. While he wasn't talking, he was rubbing his head, most likely wishing I would shut up. Wasn't happening. I was intrigued by the information she was telling us. As she was describing this child to us, I could just see him in our family. Not to mention, he is absolutely adorable. Pinch his cheeks. Adorable.

If you are thinking of adoption an older child, look into the book The Connected Child by Karyn Purvis. Great read. The boys worker suggested it to us, so I figured it would have some benefit. Not only is it good for adoptive families, but as a teacher, I can certainly see how I can use the suggestions in the book in my classroom.

The matching conference is on Tuesday. I won't get a good night's sleep until then. Please, if you are a praying person, say a zillion prayers for this young boy that he is placed with the family that he is meant to be with. Naturally, I'd hope you'll throw in there a prayer for us to be his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment