Saturday, March 24, 2012

Complete meltdown...

Yes. This constitutes two posts in one day! We took our son to the toy store to get a new bike this afternoon. I had a complete.utter.meltdown. It was similar to the one the three year old was having two isles down. The only difference is that child was three. I'm old enough to know better. I couldn't help it. It just happened. Ayden was throwing a fit over trying yet another bike...I flipped. I think I said something along the lines of, "Get on the bike and ride the damn' thing." I am not a cusser. So, this even took me back a bit.

But, in my defense, we had been "trying on" bikes for over an hour. Ayden was complaining about every single bike. He started crying which made my blood boil. Seriously, crying when we're getting ready to buy you a bike? After an hour of this, I couldn't hold back anymore. I tried to keep it in. I started sweating; having a hot flash of some sort. Then, the verbal assault on my family ensued. The hubs suggested that it was time I took a walk around the store. I walked over to the baby section and looked around, feeling a bit like an intruder in that section. So, I took a few deep breaths and walked back to apologize to my poor son, who just wanted to find a bike and ride it...only to learn it it was in a box and needed assembled...let the kid meltdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment