Sunday, March 11, 2012

Seriously?

I feel like an idiot. I teach reading for goodness sake. "Always read the directions," I hear myself saying to my students...here is where, "Do as I say, not as I do," comes into play.

Apparently, the Follistim I've been religiously having the hubs inject into my belly is no longer "good", whatever that means. I've been using our leftover Follistim from our December cycle. There was still quite a bit in there and I didn't see any reason to throw it away. I've actually only used the old vial, not the new vial this cycle because there was so much left.

This afternoon, boredom overcame me. I decided to read the drug pamphlet that came with the Follistim. (Maybe I should have done this a couple of days ago, whatever.) It stated that, after the vial has been pierced, the drug is only good for 28 days. I'm not great at math, but I am fairly certain that December was more than 28 days ago. Needless to say, I'm freaking out. This does explain why I haven't felt anything going on in there. Usually, I have a ton of pain when my follies grow. Seeing as how they're probably not growing, it's no wonder I don't feel anything. Talk about frustrating. I'm an idiot.

I contemplated having the hubs give me a little booster (only 25 units) from the new vial tonight...but I'm not quite sure that's a great idea either. I tend to get cysts fairly easily and that would certainly not be helpful. I'll just have to wait until the u/s on Tuesday and hope the visualization recordings I've been using are working. I'll use the new one to do my shot tomorrow night and hope that is enough to have a follie growing...errr!

Of course, my hubs, always one to have a conspiracy theory of some sort, said that it's probably the drug companies recommendation so women have to buy more each cycle and that's it's probably still fine to use...he seemed pretty convincing. I'll work on buying in to his thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment