Thursday, March 15, 2012

From the looks of it...

I'm 4 months pregnant. I am so bloated from the high dose of meds yesterday! I have been keeping my food intake under strict control to try and avoid this bloat mess. Epic fail! Besides that, my ovaries are super sore. If I had to go by pain level, I'd guess that the follie on the left side has matured. Both sides are feeling the burn right about now! 

The IUI is tomorrow morning, bright and early...two hours away. Which means, we have to leave the house around 6:30am. It's all in the name of fun, of course...

Speaking of fun, how about the hubs losing his grip on the syringe while giving me one of my two injections last night. Of course, the syringe didn't fall to the ground. No. It just hung in my gut. The hubs pulled it out, only to notice that all of the meds didn't get injected...turning 2 stabs into 3. Normally, I'd be pissed that I needed another injection. But, by this point, I'm so over the idea of having sharp objects thrown into my gut like darts that I told him matter-of-factly to jab me again. Oh how times have changed from our first injection 5 years ago when he had to chase me down and hold me on the couch! Who would've thunked it?!

On another note, I'm astonished at how little people realize what infertile people go through to get knocked up. Maybe I'm more astonished at how much I actually know by now about the subject. I'm not sure I'd trade my journey on this infertility road. Well, I'd trade it for a baby. But, I'd hate to be so naive to think that everyone just gets married, bumps uglies, and ends up knocked up. In reality, for 30% of the population it involves a sterile room with some doctor and nurse looking up your who-ha every few days with the wand of death u/s probe or cramming your husbands swimmers up there in some form or another. A very lucky few even have multiple surgeries and procedures thrown in for kicks. Fun times we've had these last 8 years! Although I'm glad I was able to experience it and become more aware, I'm certainly ready to say good bye to infertility! Bring on a successful IUI tomorrow AM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment