Sunday, March 9, 2014

What's that I hear? Back up beeps? Great.

It's that kind of bloat. When I move, I can actually hear the fluid moving around under my skin and in my tissues. To say I look sexy would be an understatement. Yikes.

Actually, as I was whining to the hubs last night about how fat I am already (up 5 pounds in a week) he reminded me that it is most definitely water weight. Yeah. I like that explanation. It is definitely not the donut and candy and potato chips and pizza and...you get the point.

I'm not sure if I'm actually hungry or just bored or stressed or a combination of all of those. Probably the last thing. First, I'm starving. All the time. I think. I feel hungry all the time. Pretty sure. Second, I'm stressed a little over this whole job loss thing. I get that I can't change it, but I want to. I should probably just let that go. Working on it. Third, IVF is actually pretty boring. You get that calendar and you're all, "Yay, this will be fun." But, in reality, it's boring. Really boring. Right now I'm only doing one injection a day. It takes literally one minute. What am I supposed to do with all of those other minutes in my day? I haven't figured that out yet. For starters, I should probably get out of the kitchen. Yeah. I'll try that this week.

Speaking of an injection only taking one minute, let me flashback for a minute to our first IUI cycle where we had to do a trigger shot. That was in the day where the trigger was an IM injection. This was also many years before I knew we'd be doing IVF and doing nightly PIO IM injections. So, back to 2005: The hubs was all ready to stick me. Wait. Not like that. Just with the needle. He was reassuring me that he had done this before. Give injections that is. I so wanted to believe him, but I'd known him since he was 19 and I had never known him to give an injection to anyone. So, there he was, lying to me and there I was crying hysterically. I started running around the house. Why? Not sure. It's not like the hubs was chasing me. But, in my head, I was freaking out. Well, not just in my head. Clearly, I was also freaking out on the outside.

Point is, it took 40 minutes for DH to finally hold me down to do that first injection. And, to clarify, the hubs came clean after the injection that he'd never done that before. You think?!

My, how time has made all the difference. For someone who ran around the doctor's office when she was 12 as the nurse came after her with an MMR vaccine (true story) to someone who now gives herself her own injections, I've come a long way baby! I might be puffy, but I'm one heck of an injection giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment