Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ER is over!!

It wasn't nearly as bad as what I thought it would be. I mean, I was knocked out for goodness sakes! I had 22 eggs retrieved! All along, they were counting 16-17 follicles, but some must have been hiding in there! Fert report will be tomorrow morning and the nurse said we have a great number to work with for sure and, even though it's still based on the embryo quality, there's a great chance that we'll be able to do a 5dt!

I was an anxious mess before they started, but before I knew it, I was knocked out and then, I was awake. It was, by far, the easiest part of the entire process. I was pretty crampy, but I have endo for goodness sakes, so this is nothing compared to my worst endo days! I can do this! I told the nurse that I read some horror stories online last night and she said it should be a policy that she can turn off everyone's WIFI the week leading up to ER! I think that's a great policy! They said the cramping should lessen by this evening and the bloat should start to kick in tomorrow, so that will be lovely. She said that because I'm so small, it will look pretty massive. Oh joy! Everyone was so kind and so hopeful this morning in the office that I think I found my own hope again!

I'll update with our fertilization report tomorrow!! Now, I'm off to nap! However, right this very minute, there are little embryos being made! That's a crazy thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment