Monday, June 10, 2013

Kids in a RE's office??

I don't know how you feel, but I would never ever in a zillion years take my son to my RE appointment. For many reasons, really. One, he doesn't need to see what goes on in there with the dildo-cam or anything else that might be happening down there on any given day! Second, it's just plain flat out rude, IMO. Maybe I'm just too sensitive and empathetic, but I  don't think that's the case.

So, today after being creative with childcare for Ayden so I could go to my appointment, I walk into the waiting room to find it filled with kids. Seriously?? This is not a daycare people. The thing that struck me as odd is the one lady had another lady with her who just sat in the waiting room with her 3 kids while she went back for her appointment.

Now, this office is in a HUGE hospital with a great gift shop, 3 places to eat, and LOTS of places for kids to run around and get their energy out. A fertility office is NOT the place for kids to run around. Apparently, these ladies didn't get the memo. Then, another lady and her husband (I assume) came in with their screaming child. I mean SCREAMING. I might have looked at her with my best 'I'm disappointed in you' teacher look. Not sure she got the point.

Obviously, I get that secondary infertility exists. I've been the poster child for the last 9 1/2 years. Just because people have one, two, three, six kids it doesn't mean the next will come along as easily. Or, maybe fertility procedures were needed for the other kids. I get it. But, when I saw these kids today, I went back to when I had my m/c and had a zillion u/s appointments. Every time I went to the docs office, there were babies everywhere. It was painful. I would never in a zillion years want to do that to someone else. You just never know where women/men are in their cycle and how seeing a small child (or crazy ones running all over kingdom come) will effect a couple. I just set me off, but seeing the smaller child kinda stung a little. I'm not sure why, since I do already have one. Maybe it was the though of never having one that little again? Not sure. But, ugh. Rude! Okay, off my soapbox.

My estrogen came in at 150.6 today, which is after 2 days of stims. The nurse said this is perfect. I'm just gonna have to believe her because I have no idea! Of course, I'm going to go research it because that's what we IF women do. Research everything under the sun to see if by some chance, we might be just a little normal at some point in our cycle. I should just leave well enough alone, but I'm not. Also, I was instructed to drop our dose of Follistim to 200 from 225. Maybe I'm responding too quickly. Not sure. But, less of a med that stung the crap out of my gut yesterday is a welcome surprise!!

My next appointment is on Wednesday for a u/s and more blood work. I'm really fascinated at how anti-climatic this whole thing has been! Looking at the calendar when we first got it, I was WAY overwhelmed! Now, I realize that I'm only getting injections once a day, granted it's 3 of them, and headed to the RE's office every-other day. The time in between I'm just sitting around waiting for the next big event, which is over in a few minutes, leaving me waiting again. It's like being in the Army. Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. No. I've never been in the Army. I did do a fast stint as an Army wife while the hubs was still enlisted. (It's nothing like the show. I promise.) But, there was a lot of hurrying up and waiting. A lot!

Onto other exciting news: Ayden will be 10 in 2 days! WOW! Quite a few years ago, I met a woman who had a 10 year old and was still trying for her second baby. I remember thinking to myself, "Thank goodness I won't have a 10 year old when I'm still trying for a second." That, there folks, is Karma. It's also, I imagine, God's sense of humor. While I do have a good sense of humor, I'm not actually sure if I find this particular 'joke' funny quite yet!

And, Ayden is onto us. You can't possible hide that many meds and needles from a 10 year old. They're in the fridge for goodness sakes. He's a growing boy and he often opens the fridge. Luckily, he hasn't tried to drink any of the meds yet. He's also been mentioning having a baby pretty often lately. Rut ro. Only a couple more months left of lying to my precious spawn! I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment