Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day and IVF updates

Today, we celebrate dads. I'm one lucky girl to have such an amazing father. He has taught me so much about who I am and what I am capable of. I am so lucky. He is a great man and I was lucky enough to meet my hubs, who a little too often, reminds me of my own dad. Scary stuff there people.

I really did pick a great man to be the father of our children, if I do say so myself! So, today, Ayden and I made him breakfast and gave him his gift. It was some tool thing with lots of tools included and it fits in his wallet. He thought it was great, so score for me! While I am excited to celebrate him today, all I can think about are these lead balloons in my abdomen. Sweet heavens, they're heavy! And, sore. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

At our appointment yesterday, we saw the other RE in the practice. He isn't as gentle as our RE with the dildo wand and I let him know it. He chilled out after a bit. However, the u/s basically confirmed what I thought all along, that one of my ovaries (the left) has reattached to my abdomen wall. Darn it. One, it hurts as it's growing eggies. Two, that means another surgery is in my future. However, I plan on making that surgery the BIG one where all of these organs are removed forever. I won't miss them for a second. But, that will have to be a few years away since we hopefully have a couple more babies to grow in there!

My lead follicles were at 17mm and there were lots at 10 that will be mature by ER on Wednesday. Holy crap, that's this week! OMG! How'd that get here so quickly?! After getting my E2 level back at 2385, the ever-so-aggressive RE said that we'd be triggering on Monday with an ER scheduled for Wednesday. Yippie!

I have tried wanted to try and eat extremely healthy and follow my endo diet during this cycle. That did NOT happen! One, I'm sore and standing up and cooking for long periods of time isn't going to happen. Two, I've done that in a gazillion cycles before this one and look where it got me. So, I've rather enjoyed myself eating whatever my little heart desires. At this point, I need to realize that, for me, it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not this cycle is successful because it certainly hasn't in the past. But, I do feel a little guilty. Oh well.

Alright, I have my LAST monitoring appointment tomorrow and I'll update then!! Thank heavens because I'm tired of driving 1 1/2 hours one way to be poked and prodded!

No comments:

Post a Comment