Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fert Report Update #3

All of our embies are just growing right along. Only one hasn't really done much and will probably not make it to Monday/Freeze. There are definitely quite a few front runners and that is so very exciting. I have to idea how we can ever thank the doctors who have done this for us. This is the part that my endo riddled body can't do for itself. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, there is no way to repay them. I know for them, it's just a job, but for us, they are helping us create our family. True miracle workers in my mind.

My bloating from ER is starting to go down and I'm hoping that by Monday it's significantly smaller. I look like I'm 4 months pregnant at this point! I think I'll just have to go from my stretchy pants this Summer right into maternity pants once school starts back up if this belly doesn't shrink! But, I feel a zillion times better. I'm also taking the meds to calm my uterus before ET. The Xanax in the AM and PM make me tired, but I'll do whatever I need to in order to hang onto these little babies.

We're also doing PIO and I've heard some crazy horror stories about them which had me freaked out! Tonight was the 4th night of them and they're seriously not that bad. I would do whatever I needed to do to make this IVF work and this is just one more small thing I can do to help. Our process is that I numb my hip area for about 5 minutes with ice and the hubs warms the oil in the syringe in his hand. Then, I lean against the wall and take all of the weight off of the leg where he will be injecting. After that, I put a heating pad on it for 5 minutes.  So far, so good. I'm sure after a few more I'll start to get sore because there has to be a point where we run out of spots to inject, but for now, this is working for us!

I won't have any more updates on our embies until we go to the docs office for ET on Monday, but there isn't one minute we aren't thinking about what a miracle these little embies are to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment