Saturday, June 1, 2013

IVF: Not as scary as I originally thought

Considering that IVF is a lot of money and the calendar my RE gave me was insane, I'm surprised at how anti-climatic it's been so far...get a shot at 10pm and wait until the next night at 10pm and do it all over. Then, one week from today, 3 shots at 10pm. I'm sure that once the appointments start to be every other day, I'll feel differently. But for now, other than some odd moments of crying because I have hormones for the first time since August, I'm doing great. This isn't nearly as overwhelming as I thought it would be and I'm pleasantly surprised. I actually get VERY excited the closer it gets to shot time...IF has jacked up my mind! Seriously, this is coming from a girl who had to be chased around the doctor's office to get a shot when I was 12 years old. That's not even kind of an exaggeration. I even screamed. Really loud. My Mom will never let me forget how embarrassed she was. Sorry Mom!

So, updating the blog in with IVF news isn't nearly as exciting right now. Oh. Except I did take my LAST Aygestin (BCP) today!! Although I'm very excited to have that part behind me because it's one step closer to a successful cycle, I have sooooo enjoyed not being in pain. Endo sucks so bad. Unfortunately, I've read that it can make IVF more painful. However, the goal of going on BCP after my last endo surgery was to lessen pain during this IVF. I'm hoping and praying that's true!

Just as a weird IVF tidbit, I read somewhere that laughing is helpful with implantation because it lowers stress. I don't know how true that is, but I announced to the hubs that after the transfer, I can only watch funny shows. Especially after we watched our DVR'd episode of Hannibal last night. It was horrible. I was screaming like a mad woman, covering my eyes, and plugging my ears. I'm fairly certain nothing is gonna want to live in me for 9 months listening to that noise! The hubs agreed...So, I'm stocking up on funny stuff to DVR and even if it isn't true, at least I'll have something to do while I lay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment