Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cramps. Sweet heavens. The cramps.

If you have endo, you'll understand this following post. If you just get cramps, don't say, "Oh gosh, I get cramps. They're horrible." Your cramps aren't horrible. If you can take meds and your cramps to away or even dull them, you are golden. We endo sufferers have a cramp like no other. It's a cramp that defies the laws of medicine. There is nothing, other than narcotics, that can kill these cramps. Well, I'm there folks. I have ZERO narcotics because I haven't had regular periods since last August. My one before my IVF cycle wasn't horrible for an endo period.

I haven't even started AF yet and the cramps are pulling my uterus out of my v. Seriously, I feel it falling out. Two 800 mg ibuprofen and Midol are all I have on board. Heating pad is in full force. This is gonna be a long couple of days. But, I have done it before and I'll get through this one, too. Endo sucks!

Okay, I did promise that I'd make my posts 1/2 not complaining. So, for today's attempt at light heartedness, let me brag about my baby boy. He is simply amazing. He is one of the sweetest kids I know. He's an old soul, for sure. He also has my sense of humor, which can be scary at times. Yesterday, we went to see Despicable Me 2. As I'm cracking up at the adult humor that was thrown in to keep us old folks entertained, I noticed that Ayden was laughing right along with me. Oh no. This might be bad! Unfortunately, the power went out 30 minutes into the movie. We were given passes to come back. That would be our luck this weekend.

But, he took it all in stride. He wasn't to upset. Instead, he decided we should just come home and hang out. When we came home, I went to go clean up the kitchen and came back to the living room to see Ayden sitting in his favorite spot on the couch, reading a book. Now, as a teacher, I know this most likely won't last long. Boys tend to give up reading for fun sometime in middle school when they get the idea from their friends that reading isn't cool. I've seen it happen hundreds of times over my 12 years of teaching middle school. My little boy is almost there :( But, for now, I encourage the crap out of it. If he sees a book he wants to read, we get it for him.

He is also growing out of toys. It's a little odd and I didn't know it happened this early. I kind of blame it on him not having other kids in our home to play with. He has grown up quickly because he's around adults all the time. It's not a bad thing, just different. And, it sure makes buying birthday and Christmas gifts difficult! I have NO idea what he'll ask Santa for this year. Oh geez. Please tell me I still have at least another year of Santa...I will be heart broken when that's over! I'm not gonna lie, I'll still play it out like he exists. Honestly, I still believe in the magic of Santa.

So, because he isn't into toys, he plays sports. He loves basketball, tolerates baseball, and is being forced by his dad to play football this year. We live in a small town. Very small. In a small town, boys play football, according to the hubs. I don't really get it myself. I grew up in the city and not everyone played football. I'm not one for forcing Ayden to do things he really doesn't want to do, but I did kind of do that with basketball last year. He really, really didn't want to play. He doesn't like trying new things because he's a perfectionist and if he isn't quite sure he'll be perfect at something, he'd rather sit it out. But, I didn't want him sitting around all winter. Well, wouldn't you know it. He LOVES basketball now and wants to be a professional NBA player. While I realize that most boys want to be a professional ball player of some kind during some point in their childhood, I'd never crush his dreams. Although, he was shocked when he learned that he couldn't just play basketball in college and has to take actual classes. Wow. For a smart little bugger, he sure missed something there! So, based on his basketball experience, I wonder if he'll have the same response to football. We promised him that he only needs to try it for one year and if he hates it, he never has to play it again. For now, he's okay with it. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment