Saturday, July 20, 2013

Don't Worry! Be Happy!


I am a worrier. I think a lot of my worry comes in instances where I don't have control. I am also a control freak. I'm working on both. But, darn it. It's hard.

With Monday and the decisions that might be made in just two short days, it's hard to not email our worker and ask her a zillion questions or tell her a zillion things to tell the other workers so they think we're the right family, also. But, with this decision, I realize that none of that will help. It might annoy her and that's the opposite thing I want to do! I trust that she really believes that we are a good fit for the little guy and will do her best to speak out for us. That's all she can do. That's all the control she can have in the situation.

Rather than worry and trying to control the situation, I've done a lot of praying and putting my faith and trust in God that He will help bring this child to the right family. Of course, somewhere in my prayers I usually let Him know that I really think we're the perfect family...I'm not sure if that's counter-productive or not!

I've done a little research on toddler adoption and the changes that it would bring to our family. One thing I didn't come across in my research, but realized as I woke up after sleeping in this morning is that sleeping in, may be a thing of the past. As much as I love my sleep, I sure wouldn't mind being needed early in the morning to take care of a little person again! Ayden is pretty self-sufficient these days and, while it has its benefits, it's still nice when he needs our help!

I'm planning on spending the weekend staying busy so Monday comes quickly...maybe I clean or do laundry or shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment