Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WTF Appointment

Long story short, our RE has no idea why our cycle failed. I'm not shocked because how the heck is he supposed to know? But, when you pay so darn much for IVF and it fails, you really want to know why it failed so it doesn't happen again.

He mentioned some tests he wants to do if we need to do another fresh cycle. Oh, how I pray it never comes to that. The tests are to check my immune system and something for the hubs DNA fragmentation. The tests and treatment (if there is an issue) will cost about $6k more, so we're hoping our first FET will be successful.

As for the FET, he said our embryos are excellent quality. We have one 2AA, one 3AB, and one 4AB.  He said, originally, he wanted to transfer 2 for the fresh, but because of my high E2, would only do 1 for my own safety. However, he wants to do 2 for our FET. I'm good with that and so is the hubs, which shocked me a little. I figured he'd never go for transferring 2, but he's always said that he'll go along with what our RE says is the best course of treatment.

The best part is the cost compared to a fresh cycle. Holy cheapness batman. Plus, it only involves two appointments. Yay for saving on gas! It seems very doable and much less stressful. We'll wait until after the SIL's wedding, but in the meantime, he wants me to download a visualization thing and listen to it. I told him I was pretty anxious and stressed during the last cycle and he said that the visualization won't hurt and it's cheaper than acupuncture. He actually recommended either of these things, but since they both have the same success and the visualization download is cheaper than weeks of acupuncture (and less painful!) I'm game for it. I told him I tried the Circle+Bl.oom download and it just ticked me off. He said he understands why because he's listened to it. He said it focuses too much on actually getting pregnant and can cause more stress from a situation you can't control. The one he recommended focuses more on my stress level and doesn't mention pregnancy. Once he said this, I realized this was exactly what ticked me off about the Circle+Bl.oom. So, right now, my job is to work on relaxing...seriously. It comes down to, "Just relax and it will happen"?! WTF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment